2015 Legendary Banked Slalom
Stay Tuned For Details on Updated Event Dates
Monday, January 26, 2015
It’s two weeks until we need to start building the Banked Slalom course. Things were looking great at Locals Qualifier a week ago when we had 15 inches of new powdery snow and a cold beautiful day for racing. But then the storm that was supposed to bring a couple more feet of snow brought us rain instead – BUMMER. It was sunny and warm and fun riding yesterday but the forecast for the next two weeks doesn’t look like we’ll be getting enough snow to build the course. We’ve looked at our historical weather patterns and in the year that was most similar to this one (1976) we received over 100 inches of snow during the month of March. We are re-scheduling the 30th LBS. Stay tuned for updated event dates. Conditions permitting, of course. Because it is, after all, the “Natural Halfpipe”.
We were hopeful that we wouldn’t have to change the dates because we know it will complicate travel plans for people, but our only other option was to cancel the race till 2016. So we are all working hard to prepare for a super fun, well organized and rad Legendary Banked Slalom in March!