Next Generation Qualifier - Ages 11 & under
January 20, 2014
|NEXT GENERATION QUALIFIER ENTRY IS FULL and CLOSED|
To maximize young racers' enjoyment and experience at the Legendary Banked Slalom, the Banked Slalom Crew has come up with a special program for the Next Generationers. No Lottery, Invitational or Sponsor spots for the main race will be given to Next Generation racers.
All racers ages 11 & under who want to race in the Legendary Banked Slalom will be required to qualify for the main race through the Locals' & Next Generation Qualifier on January 20th. The top 3 Next Generation Finishers will qualify for the 2014 Legendary Banked Slalom.
Who qualifies to race in the Next Generation Qualifier:
Snowboarders ages 11 & under (from anywhere in the world, not just Locals!)
How to Enter:
Complete an entry form, or call us, at:
- Mt. Baker Business Office from 9 am - 5 pm: 360-734-6771
- Mt. Baker White Salmon Admin Office from 11 am - 2 pm
The Next Gen qualifier registration is a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE entry procedure.
Next Generation Race Day: January 20, 2014
How It Works: Registered Next Generation racers are required to check in at Racer Registration on race day with a parent/guardian, where they will:
- receive their race bibs
- sign a legal release
- have their parent/guardian sign a legal release
- be given a designated race time
Then, racers meet at thetop of the course at the designated race start time where;
- they will be given a 15-minute race seminar with Race Director Gwyn Howat, which involves learning the race rules and basics, reviewing the course as well as watching racers run the course
- each racer will be required to do a slip/practice run WITH a parent or an escort designated by their parent (1 adult for every 1 Next Gen'er)
- immediately after their practice run, Next Gen/Escort teams will all come immediately back to the top of the race course, then the Next Generation racers will take their official race runs!
Who Qualifies For LBS: The top 3 Next Generation racers will qualify for the Legendary Banked Slalom on Feb. 7-8-9, 2014